Ophthalmology and Eye Doctor
You are probably wondering if you need an eye doctor, ophthalmologist or optometrist for your eye issues. In general the term, ophthalmology relates to the diagnose and treatment of eye-related conditions.
Eye doctors, or ophthalmologists, specialize in treating eyes. An optometrist is trained to exam defects in vision, signs of injury, ocular diseases or abnormalities. They do not do surgeries, they only can refer a person to an ophthalmologist.
The educational and training requirements to become a physician or surgeon are around 12 years. Researchers in the field of ophthalmology examine vision disorders and eye diseases and discover ways to treat them.
A guide to choosing the best eye doctor
Choosing the right specialist begins by understanding the types of eye doctors. An optometrist is responsible for diagnosing and treating problems with vision and eye health. Their services include prescribing eyeglasses and contacts, vision therapy, low vision aids, and eye care before and after surgery.
Ophthalmologists treat eye injuries and diseases. As well as removing cataracts, repairing retinal tears, implanting lenses, and performing LASIK, cataract surgeons can repair retinal tears. Many ophthalmologists also perform eyeglasses, contacts, and eye exams.
An optometrist is the best choice if you do not have any eye diseases or conditions and only need regular eye exams. If you have any eye issues, you must consult an ophthalmologist, and an optometrist will refer you to the ophthalmologist in case of severe eye problems.
Searching for an eye doctor can begin once you know which type you need to see. Follow these tips to choose the right eye specialist.
1: Consult your insurance plan
Find out which eye doctors your insurance plan covers by contacting your provider. Choosing from a long list of choices is difficult, so you must narrow them down.
2: Getting Recommendations for Eye Doctor
Find out which eye doctors your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers recommend. Someone will likely recommend a few eye doctors that accept your insurance plan since most eye doctors accept various insurance plans.
3: Consult an eye doctor
After receiving a few recommendations, research to narrow down your choices. Be sure to verify the doctor’s credentials and inquire about their specializations, such as pediatrics, glaucoma, or LASIK.
The doctor you choose should be able to care for your eye health. Consider a doctor who’s experienced in treating kids for a specialist. Choosing the right eye doctor is crucial to your health.
4: Visit their office
You should observe how they communicate with other patients who have had experiences at the clinic and check out their reviews. We have over 600 – 5 star reviews on our Facebook page and over 300 reviews on our Google Your Business Page.
5: Talk with the Doctor
When you meet with the eye doctor, take a list of questions. Be attentive to the doctor’s responses to your questions. Is the doctor making eye contact with you, or do you feel like they’re distracted? How quickly and briefly answer your questions?
In the doctor’s office, check to see if any diplomas or licenses are displayed. If there are any hanging on the walls, look at them. You should be able to find at least one of these types of things framed and hung up in your doctor’s office.
Here are some ideas for list of questions to ask your eye doctor:
- What tests will we be doing today?
- Do the tests include a dilated eye exam to check for diseases such as glaucoma and macular degeneration?
- Does my family history put me at risk for any eye diseases?
- How can I monitor my own eye health?
- How often should I come back for a comprehensive eye exam?
- Can I have a report of your findings to keep in my records?
- Are there lifestyle changes that might lower my risk?
What you should bring when meeting an eye doctor?
- Health insurance information and a photo ID
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses you currently wear
- Information eye diseases in your family
- A list of your medications, allergies, and other conditions
- A notepad and pen, or digital device so you can take notes
What is the best time to consult an Ophthalmologist?
- Pain in the eyes that occurs suddenly and severely
- Discomfort around or in the eyes regularly
- Vision problems such as double vision, blurry vision, or hazy vision
- Light floaters or flashes
- A rainbow or halo appears around the lights
- “Spider webs” in the air
- One eye feels as if a “curtain” is falling across it
- There is a feeling of ink filling up one eye
- Unusual or painful sensitivity to light or glare
- Having red eyes or swollen eyelids
- Burning, itching, or discharge from the eyes
- Changes in your vision
In Dubai, our eye specialists are available for general check-ups. Our state-of-the-art facilities and eye clinics ensure your comfort and satisfaction while attending to your needs. During your session, one of our ophthalmologists will diagnose your condition and recommend the best treatment for your eye care.
Visiting our Dubai Ophthalmologists
The team at North American Lasik in Dubai consists of experienced ophthalmologists with a track record of successfully diagnosing and treating eye-related conditions. Patients receive extensive support, meticulous guidance, and ongoing follow-up from our professionals dedicated to their overall well-being. We provide vision care using the latest research and evidence-based procedures from the best ophthalmologists in Dubai.
Various Ophthalmology Procedures
The Ophthalmology clinic strives to provide patients with the best possible care and support. North American Lasik in Dubai offers the following services:
- Diagnosis and monitoring of eye diseases
- Different kinds of LASIK surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Glaucoma treatment
- A tumor, cyst, or foreign object in the tear ducts can cause an obstruction or persistent infection.
- Monitoring and consulting on cases involving diabetes retinopathy and immunologic disorders
- Corneal transplants
- Surgeries on the retina
We have some of the best ophthalmologists in Dubai, and their expertise and knowledge in eye care make them recognized experts. As active members of academia, our ophthalmologists are committed to providing optimal care based on scientific evidence. The ophthalmologists at our practice have a successful track record in treating eye diseases.
High-quality medical equipment:
Modern medical equipment is used in our clinic. Our eye clinics and equipment are regularly maintained and updated with the latest technological advances to provide our patients with the best ophthalmology-related treatment!
We are one of the top ophthalmology departments in Dubai, with ophthalmologists and support staff devoted to our patients. Through the expertise of our team of professionals, we make sure to exceed your expectations in terms of medical expertise.